MIDEL eN is a very moisture tolerant fluid which has the potential to keep cellulose drier than mineral oil, thus potentially extending the life of transformers. In addition MIDEL eN can absorb far more moisture than mineral oil without compromising its dielectric properties.
Moisture is known to accelerate cellulose degradation which in turn is a large cause of transformer lifetime reduction. Independent research in comparison to mineral oil has demonstrated that in sealed systems cellulose paper retains more tensile strength when immersed in MIDEL eN, due to the fluid’s interaction with water. This either provides a longer life for the transformer, or alternatively the transformer can be operated at higher temperatures, without impacting the overall lifetime, allowing for more power from the same unit.
If you are concerned about the effect moisture can have on your transformer, MIDEL eN fluid can provide an excellent solution.
Why MIDEL eN for Superior Moisture Tolerance?
- Absorbs large amounts of moisture with no reduction of breakdown voltage (up to 300ppm)
- Allows moisture to migrate from cellulose into the fluid
- Potentially keeps the cellulose drier and slows the rate of ageing
- High saturation limit making precipitation of free water virtually impossible
- Reduces risk of bubble formation
For further information please Contact Us.